If you, like me, have spent some time with some supplies you know what most of those supplies are. The only one that threw me for a loop was the purple rectangle behind the cockpit (it is a group of unused staples). So if you want to build one of these for yourself I've collected your shopping list below. I went for the absolute cheapest things available (though pricing may change) so it might not be the same color as shown above.
- Blue Chisel Tip Sharpie ($0.89)
- 2x Large Binder Clips ($2.02 for a box of a dozen)
- 2x Small Binder Clips ($0.32 for a box of a dozen)
- 4x Pen Caps ($1.49 for a box of a dozen pens)
- 4x Brass Fasteners ($4.93 for a box of 100)
- Plastic Pencil Sharpener ($0.50)
- Some Staples ($0.60 for a box)
- Flat Chunk of Plastic or Metal (check your trash or under the sink and you'll find something.)
- Glue (whatever you can find will work)
So for $10.75 you can build your self a funky little X-Wing model. If you can convince your boss that you need these office supplies as part of a larger order of other things you can probably sneak it in for free. Or for about $20 you can buy yourself a real officially licensed X-Wing model. Of course you'd probably get fired if you were building that at work.
If you are more into Star Trek than Star Wars there are similar plans for building models of the Enterprise from Office Supplies. One version that relies heavily on Paper Clips and another that relies on Binder Clips. So decide if you prefer the Rebel Alliance or the Ferengi Alliance and get to building you office supply hoarders.